Monday, December 8, 2014

We Need A Little Christmas...


Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinet

Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
It hasn't snowed a single flurry
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

So climb down the chimney
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen
Slice up the fruitcake
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

For I've grown a little leaner(?), grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder, grown a little older
And I need a little angel sitting on my shoulder
I need a little Christmas now

Haul out the holly
Well, once I taught you all to live each living day
Fill up the stocking
But Auntie Mame, it's one week past Thanksgiving Day now


But we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinet

And we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
It hasn't snowed a single flurry
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry


So climb down the chimney
It's been a long time since I felt good, neighborly
Slice up the fruitcake
It's time we hung some tinsel on that mayberry bough

For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinet

And we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
We need a little Christmas now

We need a little Christmas now
We need a little Christmas now



Until next time.....


20 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Deanna is decorating! Fun times and pretty pictures to come. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedtime for me and this song is running through my mind over and over again . . .
    I hope I can fall asleep . . .
    Merry, Happy, Decorating . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that's sweet! Love your festive little touches, and the upbeat tune and the lyrics that tell the truth. Hope it made you smile too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely time of the year and it is great that you are getting into the festive spirit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally sang along with this while reading. Memories of this playing in the background as I help my decorate the house, baking sprees every Saturday & hours & hours of gift wrapping & bow making. Thanks for the memories, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks to me as if you are getting in " the mood", and that is good because here it comes!! Love your little snowman ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you were humming this as you got out the decorations! (Now, I'm humming it, too...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a merry post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Singing and decorating...what a winning combination. I can't wait to see more..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cheerful post, Deanna! Love all your festive shots! :)
    I'd sing along with you, BUT I am always out of tune, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could stand for a little Christmas right now too - my spirit could use an injection of holly and ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you sure know how to ring in the Christmas spirit....adorable items to view.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need a good shot of Christmas cheer- so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could use a little angel sitting on my shoulder. :) Your photos are exquisite. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am late to the party, Deanna - but I just love this post! Sometimes we need a little nudge to muster up that Christmas cheer on these cold, dark days. Wishing you a Lovely Christmas and many blessings for the New Year, my Dear. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a blessed Christmas, Deanna! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.